Events, Fairs, Fetes and Charitable Events in Glasgow
Glasgow has many wonderful events and festivals throughout the year including Aye Write, Celtic Connections, Merchant City Festival, Southside Festival (Southside Fringe 9 – 25th May 2014)/and Glasgow Film Festival. A highlight of the city’s cultural calendar is the West End Festival.
West End Festival 2014
1st – 29th June
Glasgow’s Largest Multicultural Event with new venues, new performers – the wonderful Mardi Gras Parade with 500 costumed participants, bands, street foods and stalls, Cottiers Chamber Project, walks, talks, music, film and literary events Plus community programme. It’s going to be great.
Mardi Gras Parade and Street Party, Byres Road on 8th June.
Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 1st June
The Mela 7th and 8th June – Kelvingrove Park
Keep up to date with highlights, previews and reviews: : www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/category/westendfestival2014/
Sunday 1st – Sunday 29th June
Glasgow’s Largest Multicultural Event with new venues, new performers – the wonderful Mardi Gras Parade with 500 costumed participants, bands, street foods and stalls – Byres Road on 8th June. Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 1st, Cottiers Chamber Project, walks, talks, music, film and literary events Plus community programme. It’s going to be great. www.westendfestival.co.uk
– See more at: http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/category/westendfestival2014/#sthash.iAuTgeki.dpuf
- Christmas Art and Craft Exhibition, Lillie Gallery, Milngavie, 15 November, 2014 Christmas Art and Craft Exhibition, Lillie Gallery, Milngavie, 15 November, 2014
- Glasgow Crafters Co-op, Christmas Arts and Hand-made Fair, 16 November, Hilton Grosvenor Glasgow Crafters Co-op, Christmas Arts and Hand-made Fair, 16 November, Hilton Grosvenor
- Southside Fringe Christmas Night Out Wednesday, December 10, 2014, The Glad Cafe Southside Fringe Christmas Night Out
Wednesday, December 10, 2014at 7:30pm – 11:00pm The Glad Cafe Come along on the 10th of December to join in the festive celebrations with the ...
- Scrap Trident, Faslane, Sunday 30 November, 2014 Scrap Trident
Faslane Sunday, November 30 at 12:00pm Following the result of the Scottish independence referendum we believe that the issue of Trident nuclear weapons in Scotland ...
- Glasgay! Scotland’s Annual Celebration of LGBT Culture 20 October – 15 November, 2014 Glasgay!
20 October – 15 November, 2014
Scotland’s annual celebration of LGBT culture reaches another milestone as it turns 21 years old in 2014. Glasgay! is Scotland’s only professional LGBT arts festival, ...
- A Monster Ball Saturday, November 1,The Berkeley Suite
A Monster Ball
Saturday, November 17:30pm – 11:00pm The Berkeley SuiteThe Quarriers Girls announce their next scarily exciting event in the form of a spook-tacular Halloween Ball!We are inviting you ...
- A Just Scotland March and Rally 18 October, 2014, Glasgow A Just Scotland March and Rally
18 October, 201410 a.m. – 1 p.m.George Square > Greendyke Street, Glasgow Green As part of Challenge Poverty Week Marching for ‘A Just Scotland – ...
- Challenge Poverty Week, 12 – 18 October, 2014 Challenge Poverty Week, 12 – 18 October, 2014
- Recovery on the US Mental Health System Scottish Mental Health Art and Film Festival Tuesday 14 October, University of Strathclyde Recovery on the US Mental Health System
Scottish Mental Health Art and Film Festival
Tuesday 14 October
University of Strathclyde – Centre for Health PolicySeminar Tuesday 14 September 11 a.m. (lunch available afterwards)With ...
- Firewalk – fundraiser for Sense Scotland, 1 November, 2014 FIREwalk
Can you handle the heat?
West of Scotland Cricket Club, Peel Street, Glasgow 01 November 2014 6:00pm – 9:30pm Deposit: £20 Sponsorship Target: £150
Could you walk barefoot across red hot embers ...
- Void x Footwork – Warehouse Party w/ Jammin Gerald, Houz Mon, Homma Honganji, 11 October, SWG3 Void x Footwork – Warehouse Party w/ Jammin Gerald, Houz Mon, Homma Honganji
Saturday 11 October, 2014SWG3100 Eastvale Place, Glasgow G3 8QG
- Restaurant Day – 22 October 2014, Moray College, Edinburgh Restaurant Day – 22 October 2014
Restaurant Day – Timo Santala
Lecture Theatre Moray House, EH8 8AQ -
6pm 22nd October 2014
This year Nordic Horizons theme is democratic renewal – we thought that would ...
- Glasgow Council on Alcohol, Christmas Craft Fair, 15th of November, Partick Trinity Church Christmas Craft Fair
15th of November, 2014 10am-4pm Partick Trinity Church,20 Lawrence Street, G11 5HG. Free entry We know it’s only autumn, but here at the Glasgow Council on Alcohol we love thinking ...
- Glasgow Oxjam 18 October, 2014 Big Takeover Festival!!
Everyone get involved right now! get your tickets at www.wegottickets.com/oxjam/event/291985 … there are still early bird tickets available for ONLY £8!!!! Better get in there quick!
- Big Fun Run for Cancer Support Scotland 11 October, 2014 11 a.m. Bellahouston Park Big Fun Run for Cancer Support Scotland
11 October, 2014 11 a.m.Bellahouston ParkRun, jog or walk 5k around Bellahouston Park to help raise funds for Cancer Support Scotland. The registration fee ...
- The Flying Duck, Open Call to Performers Welcome to The Black Lodge11 October, 2014
The Flying Duck
The wheel is turningChange is coming
The Flying Duck is placing an open call to performers, artists, live music acts and DJs to ...
- Inverclyde Scottish Folk and Roots Festival, 5 October – 15 November, 2014
- GLEAM Norman McLaren Festival University of Glasgow Concert Hall 30 – 31 October 2014 GLEAM Norman McLaren Festival
University of Glasgow Concert Hall
Thursday 30 October 2014 – Friday 31 October 2014
This year’s GLEAM Festival will honour the centenary of Scottish-Canadian filmmaker and artist Norman McLaren ...
- The Spree, Paisley’s National Festival, 2014, 10 – 18 October Paisley’s national festival is back for 2014!
Now in its third year, The Spree is Paisley’s annual celebration of arts and culture – and is now firmly established as a fixture on the ...
- Oktoberfest 2014 Glasgow Green October 16-19 and October 23-26 Oktoberfest
Glasgow GreenOctober 16-19 and October 23-26Come and enjoy the amazing atmosphere at the Glasgow Oktoberfest 2014 – with German beer, food and music. Glasgow Green during two wonderful long weekends ...
- Out Of Orbit: OCTOBER PROGRAMME October 2nd, 2014 Out Of Orbit: OCTOBER PROGRAMME
October 2nd, 2014Out Of Orbit20 Scott Street, g3 6pe Glasgow
Facebook out of orbit
- A Celebration of Nature in the City – Woodlands Community Development Trust A two day nature festival Saturday 27th September – Sunday 28th September
Go WILD! this weekend
A Celebration of Nature in the City – Woodlands Community Development Trust
A two day nature festival
Saturday 27th September – Sunday 28th September
Saturday 27th September
12.30 – 9.00pm
Wildlife Talks and Workshops
- Magic WAVES SWG3, 24 October, 2014 Magic WAVES
24 October, 2014SWG3100 Eastvale Place, Glasgow G3 8QG http://www.facebook.com/magicwaves.intergalacticfm
- Challenge Poverty Week – A Just Scotland – 11 -18 October, 2014
STUC March Glasgow 18 October
The Scottish Trade Union Congress (STUC) is organising around the theme A Just Scotland: decent work, dignified lives. The march will assemble from 10am at Glasgow ...
- The Referendum Review Show! September 16 – September 17 The Referendum Review Show!
September 16 – September 17 VespbarLast 2 chances to see the show – 30 sold-out performances to date! Even more new stuff from last time! Showtime 8 pm ...
- Doors Open Days Glasgow 2014 15 September to 21 September Doors Open Days Glasgow
15 September 2014 to 21 September 2014Doors Open Days give you free access to hundreds of fascinating buildings across Scotland. Every weekend in September you can explore ...
- Soul Jazz Sundays Sept. Weekend Party 28th September, 2014, West of Scotland Cricket Club Soul Jazz Sundays Sept. Weekend Party
28th September, 2014
West of Scotland Cricket Club
5:00pm – 11:00pm West of Scotland Cricket Club 40-44 Peel Street, Glasgow G11 5LU
- Yoga Charity Event – Sun Salutation Marathon 2014 – Glasgow Raising funds for MND Scotland Sunday 21st September 2014 Yoga Charity Event – Sun Salutation Marathon 2014 – Glasgow
Raising funds for MND Scotland Sunday 21st September 2014 from 9.30am Calling all yogis! balance, a yoga, chiropractic and complementary health centre based ...
- Save Victoria Park from Commercial Developers
- VIP, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Saturday 13 and Sun 14 September, 2014
Biggest selection of vinyl records, CDs and music memorabilia
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 13 and Sun 14 September
After a great fair at Birmingham NIA, on Saturday, we return to Glasgow this ...
- Bloody Scotland Scotland’s International Crime Writing Festival 19th to 21st September, 2014 Bloody Scotland
Scotland’s International Crime Writing Festival
19th to 21st September, 2014
Various venues, Stirling
Kathy Reichs, William McIlvanney, Yrsa Sigurdardottir, Peter May, Quentin Jardin, Mark Billingham, Helen FitzGerald, Ian Rankin, Denise Mina, Christopher ...
- Glasgoes Poetic Glasgow Poetry Festival 2014 Wed 24 Sept – Fri 10 Oct 2014 Glasgoes Poetic
Glasgow Poetry Festival 2014
Wed 24 Sept – Fri 10 Oct 2014
Information on Facebook Details of all events
Poets on ~Fire~ Inspired Hangings
Wednesday, September 24 at 2:00pm Govanhill Library
Inspired Poets ...
- National Collective Glasgow Session #5 Monday 8 September Stereo Cafe Bar National Collective Glasgow Session #5
Monday 8 September, 7:30pm – 10:00pmStereo Cafe Bar 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PHWith a very special line up for our last ...
- Scozzesi, Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green Thursday 25th September. Scozzesi
Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green
Thursday 25th September. 2014
Scozzesi, italian for Scottish men, will be holding their press launch/debut concert in the Winter Gardens on Glasgow Green G40 1AT from 6 ...
- Paisley Film Festival, 4 – 13 September, 2014
Re-awakening a Legacy of Cinema in Renfrewshire
Paisley Film Festival was concieved to create and implement a programme of Cinematic multimedia events throughout Renfrewshire, we will provide a platform for the ...
- The Beatroot & Lace BAZAAR Vintage & Art & Music – Launch Extravaganza! 20 September, The Art Schoo
The Beatroot & Lace BAZAAR Vintage & Art & Music – LAUNCH Extravaganza!
20 September at 11:00am – 4:00pm The Art School, 20 Scott Street, Glasgow
The LAUNCH of The Beatroot ...
- Magic Waves Glasgow W/ Body Mechanic, Mwx & Coco De Mer The Berkeley Suite 19 September, Magic Waves Glasgow W/ Body Mechanic, Mwx & Coco De Mer
The Berkeley Suite 19 September, 201411:00pm – 3:00amThe Berkely Suite 237 North Street, G3 7DL
- Festival of Ideas – Music Events! September 5 – September 7 The Glad Cafe Festival of Ideas – Music Events!
September 5 – September 7
The Glad Cafe
Scotland’s first ever Festival of Ideas, co-produced by Roanne Dods and Gerry Hassan, takes place this coming weekend, from ...
- Cresswell Lane Street Party, Glasgow West End, Saturday 20th September
Businesses in De Courcys Arcade and on Cresswell Lane invite you all to come along to the Cresswell Lane Street Party.
Saturday 20th September from Noon til 5pm!
Lots happening on the ...
- Light up the Sky, September 10. In memory of those lost to suicide The Whole World
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 10:00pmWe the Help Team suicide prevention and mental health awareness and Le Chéile Suicide Awareness and Healing together are ...
- Casino Night Calman Cancer Support, Fundraiser, 13 September Casino Night Calman Cancer Support
13 September, 2014 – 7.30 p.m.
Calman Cancer Support Centre, 75 Shelley Road, Glasgow G12 0ZE. Tickets: £20
To purchase call 0141 337 8199
The money raised from this event ...
- CC Music Summer Music Event 30th and 31st August, 2014 CC Music Summer Music Event
30th and 31st August, 2014 – 1 p.m. until 7 p.m. (Instore)
33 Otago Street, Glasgow G12 8JJ
- Mods For Yes, Fir Park, 30 August, 2014 Fir Park. Motherwell Football & Athletic Club Ltd Fir Park Stadium Firpark Street Motherwell North Lanarkshire ML1 2QN.
- Crohn’s & Colitis UK ~ Clyde Group ~ Lunch & General Public Meeting Saturday 23rd August 2014 St Stephen’s Centre Crohn’s & Colitis UK ~ Clyde Group ~ Lunch & General Public Meeting
Saturday 23rd August 2014
St Stephen’s Centre, 260 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4HZ
Doors open at 12.30pm lunch starting at 1pm
Talk starts ...
- Spangled Presents: Thomas Truax 23 September, The Art School Spangled Presents: Thomas Truax
23 September, 2014 – 9 p.m.The Art SchoolPublic · Hosted by Paul RossSpangled Presents: Thomas TruaxPlus Special Guests:ScunnerJack Squat& Spangled Djs Til LateThe Art School (The Vic ...
- Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner October 24, 2014, OranMor Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner
October 24, 2014
OranMor, top of Byres Road, G12
Hands Up for Trad are hosting our 3rd Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner on 24th ...
- Over the Wall, Multi Arts Festival, Gartnavel Royal Hospital, 30 August Over the Wall” is a new, summer, multi-arts festival which will take place in the grounds of Gartnavel Royal Hospital, Glasgow on August 30 2014 from 12midday – 4pm, attracting ...
- The Midnight Trek, Raising Funds for Action Medical Research for Children Glasgow-based company taking part in The Midnight Trek PLOD Trossachs 2014 to raise money for Action Medical Research
Four young women, all staff at Glasgow’s famous Ubiquitous Chip, ditching their check ...
- Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival 9th – 30th September, 2014 Glasgow Wildlife Garden Festival
9th – 30th September, 2014
Re-connect with the city’s urban green spaces
A city-wide Wildlife Garden Festival will offer people in Glasgow the chance to get closer to nature ...
- Grand Week 2014, MCAS, 4 September Grand Week 2014, MCAS, 4 September
- Linlithgow Folk Festival 2014, 10 – 14th September Linlithgow Folk Festival 2014
10 – 14 September, 2014
Another wonderful festival has been lined up for Linlithgow’s 16th Folk Festival, with great concerts, numerous sessions in the local pubs, Nora Devine ...
- National Collective, Short Film Screening, Monday 11 August National Collective, Short Film Screening, Monday 11 August
- Citizens Theatre Open Day 23 Aug 2014 Citizens Theatre Open Day
23 Aug 2014 – 11am – 3pm
A day of fun, drama, music, arts and crafts – and you’re invited!
The Citizens Theatre is proud to have been a ...
- Drew Taylor and Julia Doogan: HOWL(ing) The Arches Glasgay!, Tue 21 Oct 2014 Drew Taylor and Julia Doogan: HOWL(ing)
The ArchesGlasgay!, the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival and Drew Taylor presentTue 21 Oct 2014 | 7.30pm £10 / £8Glasgay!, SMHAFF and Drew ...
- Robert Ormerod: Political Youth The Arches Mon 1 – Fri 19 Sep The Arches presents
Robert Ormerod: Political Youth Exhibition
Mon 1 – Fri 19 Sep 2014 | 11am – late
Robert Ormerod on Tumblr
Robert Ormerod‘s Political Youth series will be exhibited at ...
- The Games We Play Exhibition Scotland Street School The Games We Play Exhibition
Scotland Street SchoolExtended until Sunday 11 January 2015. The Games We Play is a chance to explore games and play from across different cultures and time ...
- Glasgow Lyric Choir Glasgow Lyric Choir are the West End’s local choir based in Wellington Church just off University Avenue. The choir performs a wide repertoire of music from Bach to Burns and ...
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Saturday 13th September The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 13th September 2014 at 7:30pm The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra’s return to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall promises to be a fantastic evening ...
- Family Fun Day, Glasgow, in aid of Syria and Palestine, 9th August Family Fun Day, Glasgow, in aid of Syria and Palestine, 9th August
- Gaza Solidarity Fundraiser, The Griffin, Monday,11 August Gaza Solidarity Fundraiser
11 August, 2014 – 7:30pm
Featuring Raast Collective (other acts to be confirmed):
Join us to show solidarity with Palestinians under attack in Gaza and the West Bank.
1432 people ...
- Flourish House Benefit Concert, The Glad Cafe, 9 August Flourish House Benefit Concert
+ Friends In America + Jo Mango + David MacGregor (Kid Canaveral)
Saturday 9 August @ The Glad Cafe, Glasgow – 7:30-10:45pm
£10 Buy tickets online
Come along to the Flourish ...
- Vintage Sale, Granny Would be Proud, Hillhead Book Club 3 August Granny Would be Proud
Hillhead Book Club
3 August, 2014
Vintage sale in Glasgow West End
From vintage/contemporary clothing to accessories, home baking, arts and crafts of all sorts.
12 – 5 p.m.
Watch out for ...
- Isn’t it funny the way things happen sometimes ….. by John Lafferty For a couple of months I have been considering making a long cycle trip in 2015 from Barcelona back home to Paisley and possibly using it as a means to ...
- East End Social, Glasgow Green, 2 August, 2014 East End Social, Glasgow Green, 2 August, 2014
- Jazz Day, Glasgow Green, 31st July, 2014 Glasgow Jazz Festival presents Jazz Day31st July, 2014Jazz Day! Thursday 31st July from early till late – a day filled with the very best jazz from Scotland’s finest jazz stars ...
- The CRUISE Show! SECC, Glasgow 11-12 October 2014 The CRUISE Show!
SECC, Glasgow 11-12 October 2014
Europe’s leading event for discovering a world of voyages
Enter the competition
The CRUISE Show visits Glasgow this autumn and will be packed with inspiration ...
- Greyfriars Garden Open Day 27th July, 2nd and 3rd August. Noon – 4 p.m. Greyfriars Garden Open Day
Merchant City Festival 2014
27th July, 2nd and 3rd August.Noon – 4 p.m.Come and see how local residents grow their own food in the middle of the city.Greyfriars ...
- Songwriting Competition, Sweeney’s, 6th August Songwriting Competition, Sweeney's, 6th August
- Fundraiser for Hope and Play in GAZA Bring and Buy Sale, Glasgow, Friday, August 15 Fundraiser for Hope and Play in GAZA
Bring and Buy Sale Glasgow
Friday, August 15 at 9:00am – 5:00pm Southblock, 60 Osborne street, Glasgow G1 5QH
Donate online You could win a ...
- The Commonwealth Flotilla, 26th July, 2014 The Commonwealth Flotilla
Glasgow Commonwealth Games
26th July, 2014The largest flotilla in the Clyde’s history. 250 boats, will sail from Greenock to Glasgow’s Pacific Quay. The Commonwealth Flotilla is an official Festival ...
- Merchant City Festival, Blackfriars Stage, 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014 12 p.m. – 22 p.m.All agesThe Blackfriars Stage returns with a line up including the Raybandos and Itchy Coo Park!The Blackfriars Stage returns for another festival of ...
- Merchant City Festival 2014: Glasgow loves Music Stage Glasgow Loves Music – showcasing everything musical from local performances to participatory bandeoke and music lessons.Glasgow Loves Music is a musical showcase weekend programmed by Glasgow Music Studios. The stage ...
- Evening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String Quartet Merchant City Festival
24 July, 2014 – 6 p.m.Merchant SquareAll agesEvening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String QuartetEvery weekday Merchant sq will host a lunchtime and evening live music ...
- Merchant City Festival, Brunswick Stage, 23 July – 3rd August, 2014 GET ON IT!
Cause we have got THIS kicking off Wednesday, 23rd July, running right through until August the 3rd.Brunswick Street Stage brings you The Electric Frog / Sub Club / ...
- Commonwealth Disco, Friday 25th July, Kinning Park Complex
Friday 25th July 8 p.m.
Kinning Park Complex
Come and enjoy the opening weekend of the Commonwealth Games with the rhythms of Jamaican, Ghanian, Bolywood and Aussie beats.
Make your experience of ...
- Zip Slide the Clyde Clic Sargent, Glasgow 14 September, 2014 Zip Slide the Clyde Clic Sargent
Back by popular demand; take part in this popular event and zip slide across the Clyde this year to help raise funds for children and ...
- World Pipe Band Championships 2014, Glasgow World Pipe Band Championships
Friday 15 and Saturday 16 August 2014Glasgow GreenGlasgow welcomes the World Pipe Band Championships back to Glasgow Green on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 August 2014. Saturday’s ...
- Merchant City Festival: Community Street Theatre SURGE’s Community Street Theatre
25 Jul 2014 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.Merchant City Festival (roving)Part of http://www.merchantcityfestival.comAll agesFun and friendly workshops and performances, introducing street theatre to new participants at ...
- Merchant City Festival: Art and Design Workshops Fashion Cultures: Glasgow School of Art – Art and Design Workshops at Jigsaw
Part of Merchant City Festival24 Jul 2014 – 3 Aug 2014Jigsaw, 177 Ingram Street, GlasgowAll agesVarious dates and ...
- East End Social, Last Big Week-end, 30 and 31 August. 2014 THE LAST BIG WEEKEND : MOGWAI // HUDSON MOHAWKE // OPTIMO // NUMBERSHosted by The East End Social and NumbersAug 30 at 1:00pm to Aug 31 at 10:00pm Richmond ...
- Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration, Glasgow 18 July Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration
Glasgow – 18 July, 2014
The Lord Provost of Glasgow will announce the winning artist who will create a bust of Nelson Mandela for the City Chambers, ...
- Foraging and Storytelling North Kelvin Meadow, 20th July, 2014 Foraging and Storytelling
North Kelvin Meadow, 20th July, 2014Come and join us on the 20th for foraging, herb propagation and storytelling.Information on Facebook 76 Kelbourne St, Glasgow, G20 8PR
- Glasgow Film’s contribution to Festival 2014: Cargo, Camera…Action! 26th July Cargo, Camera… Action!
A Cinematic Spectacular On The Water
Glasgow Film’s contribution to Glasgow Film’s contribution to Festival 2014
Saturday 26 July
Custom House Quay, Glasgow
On Saturday 26 July, 2014, Glasgow Film takes over ...
- Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop Saturday 5th July, 2014 Hillhead Baptist Church Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop
Saturday 5th July, 2014
Hillhead Baptist Church
CONCERT – 6.30pm Glasgow’s acclaimed folk-world harmony group present unaccompanied songs from traditions around the globe, including ...
- Pride Glasgow 19 July – 3rd August, 2014
Pride Glasgow returns for 2014 with a 16-day festival of events celebrating LGBT equality including the usual parade and street party, as well as Pride Day which includes a fairground, ...
- The Tin Forest International, 21 – 24 July, South Rotunda, Glasgow A celebration of Glasgow’s industrial past and creative future.
The Tin Forest International
South Rotunda by the Clyde
21 – 24 July
From here, the international company which will now include actors and performers ...
- The Common Weal Festival The Arches, Sun 6 Jul 2014 A Festival of The Common Weal
The Common Weal FestivalThe Arches, Argyle Street, GlasgowSun 6 Jul 2014 | 12pm – 6pm | Advised donation min. £10 per ticketBuy tickets onlineEvent on ...
- Yestival Govanhill Baths Saturday, July 5 Yestival
Saturday, July 5 at 2:00pm – 6:00pm The Glasgow leg of the Yestival tour takes place at the wonderful Govanhill Baths venue, with a daytime event that ...
- Rock-a-Buy Baby, Kids’ Market, Partick, Sat 5th July, 2014 Rock-A-Buy Pre Loved Baby & Kids Market
Partick Burgh Halls 9 Burgh Hall St, Glasgow, G11 5LW
Saturday 5th July, 2014 10.30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Information about event:
Selling a huge Range Of Maternity, ...
- The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August
- The Annexe Community Centre, Partick, Glasgow G11 Annex Communities – Wellbeing On Your Doorstep
The Annexe is a small, local community centre offering health activities to the community: The Annexe Café – is a Healthy Living Award Café ...
- Keep Your Battery Charged, Trades Hall 28th June Keep Your Battery Charged, Trades Hall 28th June
- Scotland On The Cusp, A Reading for Independence, OranMor, Sunday 6 July Scotland On The Cusp, A Reading for Independence, OranMor, Sunday 6 July
- Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender
Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June
Wednesday 25th June – Doors 7.30pm – On Stage 8pm(In association with Glasgow Jazz Festival)
Geno Washington and the ...
- The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014, 25 – 29 June The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014
Merchant Square, Glasgow Merchant City G1 1LE
From 25 – 29 June in the basement of Merchant Square, Glasgow. The Rio Club at Glasgow ...
- The Variety Society Sunday 29th June Vespbar.
The Variety Society
Sunday 29th June
Vespbar. 14 Drury Street, Glasgow
A mix of comedy, theatre, poetry, music, and film. It’s well worth sticking your head round the door.
- Battlefield Street Party, Sat 28th June, 2014 Battlefield Street Party
Kicks off on Saturday 28th June at Battlefield Community Garden
Corner Arundel Road/Ledard Drive
Noon to five p.m.
Bringing the community together with something for all the family including: live performance ...
- Queen Margaret Drive Gala West End Festival 28 and 29 June Queen Margaret Drive Street Festival
Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 June, 2014 12:00pm – 6.00 p.m.
On the last week-end of the West End Festival join in the fun organised by the ...
- Spangled Cabaret at The Art School, Mon 14 July Spangled Cabaret at The Art School
Monday, 14th July, 2014 at 8.30 p.m. Ladles and Jellyspoons, we bring you:Marcus ReevesTom HarlowMiss Hell’s BelleWild Card KittyThe Great AzizThe Fabulous Artisans+ Special ...
- Cycle Glasgow 2014 Cycle Glasgow 2014
Takes place on Sunday 17 August starting at 10.00am.
The route will start and finish in Kelvingrove Park, heading to Clydebank on the Kelvin Walkway and returning via ...
- The Southside Souk, Refugee Week Glasgow, 21st June, 2014 The Southside Souk
Saturday 21st June 12:00pm – 5:00pmPart of Refugee WeekPeople make Glasgow. And people from around the world make Glasgow even better.In this new monthly market – ...
- Refugee Week Scotland 16th – 22nd June, 2014 Refugee Week Scotland
(Photo: Becky Duncan Photography)
14th – 22nd June
Refugee Week is a UK-wide festival of arts, cultural and educational events that takes place each June and celebrates the contribution of ...
- Nepalese Feast and Instruments, 14th June, Kinning Park Complex Nepalese Feast and Instruments, 14th June, Kinning Park Complex
- Glasgow Cycle Festival 2014
Ride with Glasgow Road Cycle Meet-Up!
Fancy a tour of Glasgow’s parks and gardens this weekend? Well you are in luck! As part of the Glasgow Cycle Festival, Glasgow Road Cycle Meet-Up ...
- Bungo in the Back Lanes, Southside, 21 June, 2014 Bungo in the Back Lanes, Southside, 21 June, 2014
- Auditions – Your Disco Needs You – The Musical Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th June University of the West of Scotland Paisley Campus Auditions – Your Disco Needs You – The Musical
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th June
University of the West of Scotland Paisley CampusTime – 10am – 4pm
Casting call for brand new amateur ...
- Govan Fun Fair Friday 6th and Sat 7 June at Elder Park, Sunny Govan, 2014
Govan Fun Fair
The Govan Fair is the oldest such event in Glasgow, dating back to 1756 when it was established by the Govan Weavers Society. Since then, the first Friday ...
- OranMor’s tenth anniversary celebration. June 2014. Oran Mor 10th Anniversary
Oran Mor is turning ten. To celebrate a month long programme of events, including live music, theatre and comedy, has been created in appreciation of OranMor’s ...
- Streetland, 7th June, 2014, Govanhill, Glasgow Oompie ka Doompie by Mandy McIntosh
Great family festival with something for everyone – including:
‘Oompie ka Doompie’ by Mandy McIntosh
is the hybrid animated journey of a Scottish family leaving behind ...
- Glasgow Mela Kelvingrove Park Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014 Glasgow Mela
Kelvingrove Park Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th June 2014 – Noon – 8pm
Glasgow Mela is Scotland’s biggest muticultural festival.
This year’s headline acts include the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, the popular ...
- Clann An Drumma, Lomond Shores, Saturday 31st May, 2014 Clann An Drumma
Scotland’s premier tribal band will be bringing more tribal mayhem to Lomond Shores, Balloch,
Saturday 31st May – around 12.30/3.30 pm
Lomond Shores, , Ben Lomond Way, Balloch G83 8QL
- Dougie MacLean in Concert, Glasgow and Linlithgow, June 2014
Dougie MacLean In ConcertWith The RSNO
(Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
Saturday 7th June 2014Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Buy Tickets Now!
BOX OFFICE0141 353 8000www.glasgowconcerthalls.com
Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert
Saturday 14th June 2014
- Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre Reopens The newly restored Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre will be officially reopened this Thursday 29th May by the Lord Provost of Glasgow, Councillor Sadie Docherty. Partners involved in the redevelopment and refurbishment ...
- Home Nations Festival Listings, Glasgow, Summer 2014 Home Nations Festival Listings
Tron Theatre Company presents Under Milk Wood
Thursday 17th July – Saturday 19th July
7.45pm (+ 2.30pm 19th + 20th) AD & BSL 19th July, 2.30pm Tickets: ...
- Glasgow West End: Steiner Community Summer Fayre, 8th June, 2014 Steiner Community Summer Fayre
Sunday 8th June, 12.00 – 3.00 pm
Scout Hall 76 Kelbourne StreetNorth KelvinsideG20 8PR
Summer is here!
Come and enjoy an afternoon of tea, cake, live music and hopefully sunshine!
- Samosa Fun Day 25/05/14 Pollokshields Primary School Samosa Fun Day
Pollokshields Primary School, Glasgow G41 2NA from 2-7pm,
Samosa Fun Day 8 charity event is finally here due to public demand it is a fundraising event to bring people ...
- Strawberry Tea, Breast Cancer Care, Fundraising 1st June – 31st August, 2014 Get together over a Strawberry Tea
This summer catch up with family, friends or colleagues over a Strawberry Tea – it’s so simple and a perfect excuse for a get together. ...
- Cottier Chamber Project 2014, Glasgow Cottier Chamber Project
Concerts: 6 – 20 June, 2014
Update from Andy Saunders, Artistic Director, 23 May, 2014
Now that we’ve been promised a six-week-sizzler by the Met Office, I hope that you’re ...
- Cottier Chamber Project, June Listings 2014 JUNE LISTINGS
Cottier Chamber Project – Improv Music Theatre
Time: 8.30pmDate: Friday 13 June 2014Venue: Cottier’s Theatre, GlasgowOrganisation/promoter name: Red Note EnsembleShort description: Red Note’s players join forces with Brian Irvine and ...
- SKILL SHARE; Upcycled Wallets Workshop @ The Project Cafe 20 May, 2014 SKILL SHARE; Upcycled Wallets Workshop @ The Project Cafe
20 May, 2014 – 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Project Nomadic Cafe
….One person’s rubbish is another’s treasure. Come and learn how to turn ...
- The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association 5k Fun Run, Sunday 1st June, Kelvingrove Park The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association 5k Fun Run is back!!
Sunday 1st June, Kelvingrove Park
The fourth annual AMYA 5k Fun Run takes place in Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow on Sunday 1st ...
- Sarcassy Sneek’s Southside Shenanigans The Shed 24 May 2014, 8:00 p.m. Sarcassy Sneek’s Southside Shenanigans
The Shed24 May 2014, 8:00 p.m.
Burlesque, magic, improvisation and more
Ticket prices: £14http://southsidefringe.org.uk/The Shed 26 Langside Avenue, Glasgow, G41 2QS
- Spring Clean Hillhead 19th to 26th May, 2014 Do you want to make a positive improvement to the local area?
Spring Clean Hillhead
19th to 26th May
Please come along and take part at any of the following ...
- Tron Theatre Company: A Season In The CongoTuesday 20th May 2014 Tron Theatre Company presentsA Season In The Congoby Aimé Césaire
Directed by Marcus Roche
Tuesday 20th May 2014
Box Office: 0141 552 4267In A Season in the Congo, Césaire recounts the ...
- Summer Nights at The Bandstand, Kelvingrove Park, 2014 Summer Nights at The Bandstand, Kelvingrove Park, 2014
- A Night at the Opera Saturday May 24th at 7.30pm St. Mary’s Cathedral, Kelvinbridge A Night at the Opera
Saturday May 24th at 7.30pm
St. Mary’s Cathedral, Great Western Rd G4 9JB
Having performed at venues such as the Wigmore Hall, the Cheltenham Festival and the ...
- Refugee Week Scotland / Welcome / 16 – 22 June 2014 Refugee Week Scotland
Refugee Week Scotland / Welcome / 16 – 22 June 2014
This summer Scotland will host the Commonwealth Games, and with visitors coming from all over the world, ...
- Songs Of Travel – Robert Louis Stevenson Glasgow Cathedral Saturday 10th May, 2014
Songs Of Travel – Robert Louis Stevenson
Saturday 10th May, 2014
On Saturday, 10th May this year Glasgow Cathedral is playing host to the Robert Louis Stevenson Club who will have a ...
- Ken Campbell and Linsey Aitken, Fundraiser 14th June, Croftamie Ken Campbell and Linsey Aitken, Fundraiser 14th June, Croftamie
- Riverside Festival Glsgow, Electric Frog and Pressure 3 – 4 May, 2014
GLASGOW GETS SET TO WELCOME TOP NAMES IN ELECTRONIC MUSIC FOR THE ELECTRIC FROG & PRESSURE RIVERSIDE FESTIVAL THIS MAY BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Glasgow gets set to welcome top names in ...
- Glasgow Commonwealth Games – Be a Host City Volunteer
Want to be a part of Glasgow’s Commonwealth history?
Be a Host City Volunteer! Join the army of people already signed up to provide the warmest of welcomes to visitors to ...
- WEST END FESTIVAL LAUNCHES EXTENDED PROGRAMME, 28th April, 2014 The 19th West End Festival programme was revealed today, (Monday, 28 April), extending the dates from Sunday, 1 – Sunday, 29 June and confirmation the not-to-miss Byres Road parade will ...
- Glasgow Southside Fringe Fundraiser Saturday 3rd May, 7.30 – 11.30 p.m. Southside Fringe Fundraiser
Saturday 3rd May, 7.30 – 11.30 p.m.
Southside Fringe HQ
Join us on Saturday night for a fun-packed fundraiser and knees up at Fringe HQ! With Ace Comedy, Art, Live ...
- Good Parenting Show Scotland Hampden Park 17 and18 May 2014, 9:00 a.m. Good Parenting Show Scotland
Hampden Park17 and18 May 2014, 9:00 a.m.So have you booked your tickets yet for Scotlands ONLY ORIGINAL parenting exhibition at Hampden Park this May! Come along for ...
- PCL presents Stag and Dagger CCA Sun 4 May 2014
PCL presentsStag and Dagger
Sun 4 May 2014
Times tbcAges 18+Visit PCLpresents.com for further details
This one-day, one-ticket festival has firmly established itself in Glasgow’s annual music calendar. Returning for a fifth year, ...
- Southern General Hospital Parkinson’s Support Group, Coffee Afternoon, Sat 26 April 2 p.m. SGH Parkinson’s Support Group Fundraising Coffee Afternoon
Saturday the 26th April – 2pm til 4pm
Day Hospital, Langland’s building (wards 52-57) in the SGH.
There will be home baking, tombla and bric a ...
- Glasgow Warriors, Family Fun Day, 26th April, 2.00 p.m. Victoria Park, Scotstoun Glasgow Warriors, Family Fun Day, 26th April, 2.00 p.m. Victoria Park, Scotstoun
- Great Scottish Run, CLIC Sargent, 5th October, 2014
Great Scottish Run, 5th October 2014
Join over 23,000 runners for the Great Scottish Run 2014 and help raise funds for children and young people with cancer.
Looking for a place?
Complete the ...
- Holistic Ways Festival, Partick Burgh Hall, Glasgow 3rd and 4th May
Holistic Ways Festival Facebook
Partick Burgh Hall, 9 Burgh Hall St, Glasgow, G11 5LW
- Big Big Sing Voluntary Arts Week 9 – 18th May, 2014 Get singing with the UK’s Big Big singing project – sing in the shower, join a choir, start your own choir, learn songs from around the Commonwealth. Every note helps ...
- Pedal on Parliament, 2014, Glasgow Feeder Ride, 26th April
Last year over 4000 people cycled from all over Scotland to loby the parliament for a cycle friendly Scotland. Whilst there has been some improvement, there is much more that ...
- East End Social Tea Dance, 3rd and 4th May, Barrowland, Glasgow
Doors: 13:00 // Tickets: £10
3rd and 4th May, 2014 1 p.m.Barrowland 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow, G4 0TT
Buy Tickets Now
The East End Social brings the Big Band sound back to the ...
- Dark Behaviour, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL Fri 2 May 2014 | 9pm-late
The Arches and 85A present
253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Fri 2 May 2014 | 9pm-late | £10 (£5 with Behaviour Festival Pass)
Rounding off our fifth Behaviour Festival, we bring ...
- Glasgow’s May Day Friday, 2nd May 2014 Glasgow's May Day Friday, 2nd May 2014
- Glasgow May Day Events, 2014 New Walk through the War in Glasgow
April 26 (10-12am).
This will be the second in our walks through the city starting at the site of Duke Street Jail and finishing ...
- Piaf Le Bistro Beaumartin 26 Apr 2014, 6:30 p.m. Piaf
Le Bistro Beaumartin
26 Apr 2014, 6:30 p.m.
Christine Bovill performs the music of the French chanteuse, known for the songs ‘La Vie En Rose’, ‘Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien’ and ‘Hymne ...
- EFC Festival 2014 – Atomic Blondie and The Underground Jam Friday 2nd May 8 p.m. Classic Grand EFC Festival 2014 – Atomic Blondie and The Underground Jam
Friday 2nd May 8 p.m.
Part of the EFC Festival 2014 Atomic Blondie & The Underground Jam Buy ...
- Best Singer-Songwriters in the Southside of Glasgow, 20th May, The Glad Cafe 20th May,The Glad Cafe
Best Southside Singer-Songwriters
The best singer songwriters in the Southside of Glasgow playing in the most intimate venue we have to offer. Enjoy music from 10 ...
- The Yorkhill Easter Egg Run, Sunday 20th April, 2014 The Yorkhill Easter Egg RunSunday 20th AprilOn Sunday 20th April, the streets of Glasgow’s west end will be alive with the sound of revving engines and tooting horns as hundreds ...
- HOME, launch of The Kelpies and the John Muir Festival, Falkirk, 17/18 April, 2014
John Muir Festival opens with International Kelpies Launch
17th & 18th April
Falkirk, FK2 9EE
HOME will launch both the opening of the John Muir Way and the John Muir Festival. You can buy ...
- St Margaret of Scotland Hospice Sixteenth Annual Ladies’ Lunch – ‘A Day at the Races’ St Margaret of Scotland Hospice Sixteenth Annual Ladies’ Lunch – ‘A Day at the Races’
Radisson Blu Hotel, 301 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Sunday 25th May 2014
Tickets £40 and tables of 8-12 ...
- NTC Spring Nearly New Sale, Saturday 17th May, Broomhill Church Come and join NCT Glasgow at our Spring Nearly New Sale- a great opportunity to pick up quality baby and children’s clothes, toys and equipment at low prices. We are ...
- Food Hub Special Event, Benefit Sanctions and Food Poverty, Woodlands Community Gardens, 7th May
BENEFIT SANCTIONS & FOOD POVERTY
Wednesday 7th May, 2014
Woodlands Community Gardens
Event at: Albany Centre, 44 Ashley Street, G3 6DS
Limited spaces so please book in advance via http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/woodlands-community-garden-5239172271 One of the ...
- Family Day Spaces and Faces Inspired by Glasgow International 2014, Tramway, 20 April, 2014
Family Day Spaces and Faces Inspired by Glasgow International 2014
Sun 20 April 12 noon – 4pm
Free, drop in.
Part of Glasgow International 2014
Tramway Family Day will be celebrating Glasgow International Festival ...
- Night to Light, GI Festival 2014, House of an Art Lover, 10th April 10th April
Join us for an evening of star gazing, where our GI artist-in-residence, Suzanne Dery will collaborate with the Curator at Coats Observatory, John Pressly to transport your eyes and ...
- Starchild: Tea Party, 10th May, Netherlee Partish Church Starchild Tea Party
Saturday, May 10
at 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Netherlee Parish Church
Ormonde Avenue, Netherlee, Glasgow G44 3SL
Please come and join the Starchildren for a Saturday afternoon Tea Party! Lots of goodies to ...
- Glasgow International April 2014 at The Tramway Glasgow International at The Tramway
4th April, 2014The world renowned biennial festival of contemporary art is back this April. We are very pleased to once again be a host venue with ...
- CD Launch, The Linda Jaxson Band and Not Proven, supporting Mary’s Meals, 11th May, Piping Centre, £10 CD Launch, The Linda Jaxson Band and Not Proven, supporting Mary's Meals, 11th May, Piping Centre, £10
- Ruth Barker, Kim Moore and Lucy Reynolds Launch, Women’s Library Glasgow, 5th April, 2014
Ruth Barker, Kim Moore and Lucy Reynolds Launch
Glasgow Women’s Library
Date: 05 April
Location: Glasgow Women’s Library
Glasgow Women’s Library23 Landressy Street, Glasgow, G40 1BP0141 550 2267
Ruth Barker & Kim Moore will be ...
- Glasgow International Festiva: Akio Suzuki & Aki Onda Counterflows 4 April, Underground Car Park, Renfrew Street
Akio Suzuki & Aki Onda
Date: 04 April – open 9 p.m.
Location: Underground Carpark
Underground Carpark, Fleming House, Renfrew St, Glasgow, G3 6ST
- Events for Charities: The Black Charge at Pivo Pivo 3rd May, 2014 Events for Charities: The Black ChargePivo PivoSaturday, May 3at 7:00pm – 11:30pm EFC Festival 2014 Second night of three at Pivo Pivo in Glasgow. The unsigned and Signed stage ...
- THE BRAND NEW TENNENT’S FLAVOURED ICE-CREAM SET TO KEEP T IN THE PARKERS COOL THIS JULY
TENNENT’S LAGER REVEALS PLANS TO LAUNCH ICE T
THE BRAND NEW TENNENT’S FLAVOURED ICE-CREAM SET TO KEEP T IN THE PARKERS COOL THIS JULY, 2014
T IN THE PARK TICKETS ON ...
- Glasgow Commonwealth Games: Host City Volunteering. Get involved.
You will be part of the team providing the warmest of welcomes to visitors to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. The Host City Volunteers will bring passion and pride to Glasgow’s ...
- Race for Life 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k, 4th May 2014 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k
Sign up now for the 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k and help the fight to beat cancer!
4th May, ...
- MCR Pathways and The Herald Campaign, Mentors Needed: you can make a big difference to a disadvantaged young person HERALD CAMPAIGN — NO PLACE FOR DISADVANTAGE
You can make a big difference to a Glasgow Future
Join The Herald & MCR Pathways as we trailblaze a better future for bright young ...
- MAYFESTO 2014, Tron, Glasgow 6th – 31st May 2014, Glasgow
Mayfesto was established in 2010 as a new theatre festival for Glasgow. Celebrating the spoken word and exploring contemporary global issues drawn out of political ...
- The Arches Community Choir, Community Choir, Glasgow
The Arches presents
The Arches Community Choir
Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Thu 3 Apr 2014 | 7pm-9pm | £3 donation
The Arches Community Choir has taken off!
Initially started as a fun way to ...
- East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra Easter Concert, Cottiers, 1st April East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra Easter Concert
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Performance Date: 1 Apr 2014 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra present their ...
- AC Projects/Alternative Currents: Counterflows Festival 2014. Glasgow
AC Projects/Alternative Currents:Counterflows Festival 2014
Fri 4 April — Sun 6 April 2014
Times/prices varyBook online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Sat 5 April 2014
CounterflowsCara Tolmie & Paul Abbott
Sat 5 April ...
- Fundraiser: Spring Fling, The Shed, Glasgow, Saturday 29th March, 2014 Loads of great entertainment in the Southside this weekend,
Saturday 29th March
The Shed, 26 Langside Ave, Glasgow G41 2QS
Southside Fringe Glasgow fundraiser at The Shed will be awesome!
- Glasgow gigs: Friends of Plockton Music School Fundraising Concert, St Andrews in the Square, 1st April Friends of Plockton Music School Fundraising Concert
St Andrews in the Square, 1 St Andrews Square, Calton, Glasgow G1 5PP1st April, 2014St Andrew’s in the Square presents:Friends of Plockton Music School ...
- British Gas Swimming Championships, Tollcross, 10 – 15 April
British Gas Swimming Championships
Tollcross, Glasgow. 10-15 April 2014
Don’t miss your chance to see the best swimmers in Britain in action in the same Glasgow pool they will be aiming to ...
- Quarriers Quiz, Curlers Rest, 1st April Quarriers Quiz, Curlers Rest, 1st April
- Bohemia Vintage and Craft Fayre, Curlers Rest, Glasgow West End, 22nd March
Vintage and Craft Fayre
22nd March, 2014
Curlers Rest 256–260 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8SH
Handmade art, crafts, vintage items, upcycled furniture and goodies from local makers.
12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- European Breast Cancer Conference Public Day, SECC, 22nd March, 2014
EBCC Public Day, 22 March 2014, 09:30 – 13:00
Meet with national organisations & activists
Introduction and Welcome
Dr Hilary Dobson
West of Scotland Breast Screening Service
Breaking News from EBCC
What is EBCC, ...
- Glasgow CAN Family Arts Week-end, 21 – 23 March, 2014 GlasgowCAN Family Arts Weekend
FRI 21ST -SUN 23RD MARCH 2014
Join us from Friday 21st March for fun filled family friendly Arts Weekend!
MARYHILL COMMUNITY CENTRE
35 AVENUEPARK STREET G20 8TS FRIDAY 21ST ...
- Woodlands Community Garden, Spring Into Life, Family Arts Event 22nd March
Saturday 22nd March, 1pm to 4pm Featuring “Discover Me”, The Conservation Volunteers Scotland Natural Play Programme, where families can learn, play, explore and discover.Join in with;- nature trails and ...
- Glasgow Southside Film Festival, Cinemap, 23 – 25 May, 2014 Southside Film FestivalCinemap – 23 – 25 May, 2014Mapping the Southside Through FilmPop-up cinemas in unusual places across the southside.Working with new partners including: Shawlands Arcade and back courts in ...
- Etailer Marisota brings its first regional Shapeology Pop Up Shop to Glasgow,20th – 23rd March Etailer Marisota brings its first regional Shapeology Pop Up Shop to Glasgow
Thursday, 20 March to Sunday, 23 March
220 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 2FF
Further details: Marisota is part of J D ...
- Glasgow gigs: Solas Festival, The Glad Cafe, Thursday 27th March Solas Festival
The Glad Cafe, Thursday 27th March, 2014We’re bringing a night of Solas Festival’s favourite new music and caberet to The Glad Cafe In what promises to be a great ...
- Glasgow Sport: Sainsbury’s Glasgow Grand Prix, Diamond League, register now. Register now to receive priority ticketing information
Sainsbury’s Glasgow Grand Prix
11th and 12th July, 2014
The Sainsbury’s Glasgow Grand Prix is part of the prestigious IAAF Diamond League, taking place on ...
- Glasgow’s Affordable Vintage Fair, Glasgow Uni Union, Saturdy 15th March, 2014
Glasgow’s Affordable Vintage Fair
15th March 12 – 5 p.m.
Glasgow University Student Union32 University Avenue – Glasgow G12 8LXDetails
Glasgow, we’re back! Calling at Glasgow University Union, expect 40 of the UK’s ...
- Commonwealth Youth Dance Festival, The Tramway 10 – 12 July, 2014
COMMONWEALTH YOUTH DANCE FESTIVAL
10th – 12th July, 2014
25 Albert Dr, Glasgow G41 2PE
We’re staging the first ever Commonwealth Youth Dance Festival this year – Thursday 10 to Saturday 12 July ...
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2014, St Patrick’s Day Irish Comedy Special, The Stand St Patrick’s Day Irish Comedy Special!
Monday 17th March. (8.30pm)
The Stand, 333 Woodlands Road, G3
The only way to celebrate St. Patricks Day! Ireland’s finest under one roof. Excellent value showcase ...
- Glasgow City of Science Flash Mob
When: Wednesday 19th March 2014 at 12 Noon prompt!
Where: Outside Glasgow Science Centre and BBC Scotland
What: Get your hands in the air and dance along to the music in our ...
- Volunteers Wanted for The Gibson Street Gala Volunteers wanted!
March through to June 1st (this day especially)
Gibson Street Gala 2014
The Gibson Street Gala is the first event of the West End Festival and this year is its tenth ...
- Gigs in Great Places – featuring Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 and Lorraine McCauley & The Borderlands Glasgow Bike Station
Friday 21st MarchWhen Lorraine McCauley approached us to ask about hosting a gig in our great place we jumped at the chance!On Friday 21st March, The Bike Station ...
- Nearly New Sale, St Silas Church, Kelvinbridge, Saturday 29th March Nearly New Sale – St Silas church
St Silas Church , 69 Park road, Kelvinbridge, Glasgow Glasgow G4 9JE
Saturday 29th March 2014
Our annual Nearly New Sale is back from 10am, last ...
- The Mugdock Mile, 23rd March, 2014 Mugdock Country Park
23rd March, 2014
Event opens: 11:00 | Event closes: 13:30
Dig out your running gear, dust off your trainers and get set to take part in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief ...
- Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Cycle Glasgow: 21 – 23rd March, 2013 The Glasgow Cycle
21 – 23 March
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Cycle will be a challenging 25 or 50 mile ride on open roads. Setting off from the iconic Sir Chris Hoy ...
- International Women’s Day Glasgow, 2014
Illuminated Letters: International Women’s Day Exhibition
March 8 – March 23
GOMA, Royal Exchange Square
Illuminated-Letters-2The letters and postcards we have received as part of our Illuminated Letters project will be on display ...
- Bring it all Home: The Exhibition: showcasing the life of Gerry Rafferty, Paisley Museum, 7 March until 18 May 2014
High St, Paisley PA1 2BA
7 March until 18 May, 2014
A unique exhibition showcasing the life and work of one of Scotland’s greatest-ever songwriters – Gerry Rafferty – is opening ...
- Fundraiser Glasgow: St John’s Renfield Playgroup Bazaar, 22nd March, 2014 St John’s Renfield Playgroup Bazaar
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 10 a.m. – Noon
Family fun morning. Stalls, refreshments, home baking, bouncy castle, face painting and more.
Adults £1.50 (includes tea and bun), kids ...
- Bohemia Mother’s Day Arts craft vintage fair, Curlers’ Rest, Byres Road – 22nd March, 2014 Bohemia Mother’s Day Arts craft vintage fair!
Curlers Rest , 256-260 Byres road, West end, Glasgow
Saturday 22nd March 14
Designer jewellery, homeware,, upcycled furniture, original art, homemade candles, glasswork, tablets, bespoke cushions, ...
- Bearsden Primary School, Fundraising Jumble Sale, 15th March, 2014
BPS Fundraising Group Jumble Sale
Saturday 15th Mar 2014 10.30am to 1pm.
Bearsden Public Hall, 69 Drymen Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 3QT
Bearsden Primary School Fundraising Group is holding its first Jumble Sale on ...
- What’s On in Glasgow Events for kids and young people. Mitti: Our South Asian Roots – Family Fun Day, Scotland St School, 8th March
Mitti: Our South Asian Roots – Family Fun Day
Scotland Street School Museum, 225 Scotland Street , Glasgow G5 8QB
Date: Sat 8th Mar 14
Join us on Commonwealth Day as we celebrate ...
- Kilmardinny Clean Up, Bearsden, 8th March, 2014
Kilmardinny Clean Up, Bearsden
Kilmardinny Loch , Thompson Drive, Bearsden Glasgow G61
Sat 8th Mar 14
11am – 2pm. Free event. Wheelchair accessible.
Volunteers needed to clean up
Kilmardinny Loch Local Nature Reserve and ...
- Glasgow Art and Exhibitions: Stuart McCormick Exhibition, Partick Glass Studio until 17th March, 2014 Stuart McCormick Photography Exhibition
Partick Glass Studio
Stuart was the lad who drowned along with 11 others when a tourist boat sunk in Vietnam on the 17th Feb 2011.
One of his friends ...
- PLUG Festival at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland from 30 April – 2 May 2014 PLUG Festival at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
(Postgraduate Masters Composition Programme)
100 Renfrew St, Glasgow G2 3DB
30 April – 2 May 2014.
Wednesday 30 April / 7.30pm / Ledger Recital Room
Plug 1 Red Note ...
- Spring Planning Meeting Glasgow University Willowbank Community Garden, Tchai Ovna, 5th March Spring Planning Meeting Glasgow University Willowbank Community Garden
Wednesday 5th March 7 p.m.
Come along to our spring planning meeting.
We’re going to be planning our planting for the spring season, and discussing ...
- Glasgow St Patrick’s Festival and festivities 2014 This year there’s an exciting diverse programme of events with something for everyone.
Gala Dinner Dance
Battle of the Bands
The Commitments at Sloans,
Juno and the Paycock, Cottiers
Lecture Sean O’Casey,
The Big Irish ...
- Glasgow Gigs and Concerts: Commonwealth Celebration Concert – Let Glasgow Flourish, City Halls 8th March Commonwealth Celebration Concert – Let Glasgow Flourish
Sat 8 March, 7:30pm£10
City Halls, Grand Hall Glasgow Orchestral Society celebrates its home city’s hosting of the XX Commonwealth Games, and just before Commonwealth Week ...
- Rio Cafe Partick, 8th birthday party, Saturday 15th March, 2014
8th Birthday Party
Saturday 15th March, 8 p.m.
DJ ADAM WELSH & DJ PAUL PUPPET lead us through an epic celebration! We’d like you all to get involved and share your memories/photos/video ...
- Cargo, Camera… Action!, part of Cultural Programme Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games A Cinematic Spectacular on the River Clyde – Saturday 26th July, 2014
Glasgow Film, the umbrella organisation which comprises both Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Film Theatre, announces Cargo, Camera… Action!, ...
- Table Top Sale, Studio Central Fitness, Kilbowie Road, Clydebank. Sat. 15th March Table Top Sale, Studio Central Fitness, Kilbowie Road, Clydebank. Sat. 15th March
- The Stand Comedy Club: Glasgow International Comedy Festival, March-Apri, 2014 The Glasgow International Comedy Festival
The Stand, 333 Woodlands Road, G3
Limited number of 2 for 1 tickets for some of the shows at The Stand. This week we’ve got 5 ...
- Aye Write Glasgow 2014: Watching The Detectives: Serial Crime
Watching The Detectives: Serial Crime
5 Apr 2014 • 1:30 P.M – 2:30 P.M •
Mitchell Library, North Street, G3 7DN
Three of the country’s finest crime writers discuss how to keep long ...
- Behaviour Festival, The Arches, Glasgow: Amy and Rosana Cade: Sister Behaviour Festival 2014
Thu 6 Mar – Fri 2 May 2014 | Various times and dates | Festival Pass: £48/£38
253 ARGYLE ST | GLASGOW G2 8DL | SCOTLAND
Amy and Rosana ...
- Glasgow Film Festival 2014: Requiem for Detroit, The Arches, 28th February
Glasgow Music and Film Festival presents
Requiem for Detroit?
Film screening as part of the Glasgow Film Festival
Fri 28 Feb 2014 | 7.30pm-8.30pm (plus Q&A with Carl Craig) | Free (tickets available ...
- Fizz n Fillies – events for equestrians
Berits and Brown, off M8 Eurocentral
Thursday, February 27, 2014
7:00pm until 9:00pm
Events for the Equestrian Industry
*Guest Speaker- Les Smith on his career highs and lows and how to get started on ...
- Ships and Shipping Memorabilia Exhibition Glasgow: Ship Ahoy at the Tall Ship Ship Ahoy at the Tall Ship on Saturday 5th April 2014
Shipping enthusiasts are holding an exhibition which will showcase memorabilia from the world of ships and shipping from the Clyde ...
- Woodlands Garden Big Spring Social – Samba Workshops
Saturday 22nd March from 1 – 4pm.
There will be a host of family nature activities, fun and games including some spider themed learning from our friends at TCV. On the ...
- Marten’s Progress Charity Concert, Normandy Hotel, Glasgow, 9th April Marten’s Progress Charity Concert
Saturday, April 19, 2014The Normandy Hotel, GlasgowMarten’s Progress is pleased to announce that Donnie Munro (ex Runrig) will head line a charity concert at the Normandy Hotel, ...
- Glasgow Gig Guide: The Duncan McCrone Band in Concert March 29, 2014 The Duncan McCrone Band in ConcertSaturday, March 29, 2014 7:30pmDuncan, with Cy Jack and Jim Yule. Fundraising concert for hall funds.
Bring your own bottle!
Tickets £10.Milton of Buchanan Memorial Hall, near ...
- Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival for Children and Young People 2014 Part of Aye Write Festival 4-12 April 2014
Wee Write takes place 5 – 11 March, 2014
In 2014, for the first time ever, Glasgow will play host to Wee Write!, a ...
- Broken Biscuits Club – Young Chefs in Glasgow Fishie on a dishie for budding Glasgow cooks
Budding young chefs in Glasgow reeled in a treat on Saturday (15th February) when they cooked up a seafood feast with leading Edinburgh ...
- Clutha-A Celebration, Barrowland, all day Saturday 15th February, 2014 Clutha – A CelebrationSaturday 15th February2:00pm until 11:50pm In contribution to the effort which has seen funds raised for Clutha families and survivors, the all day event is ...
- Glasgow Southside Fringe HQ Grand Opening, 15th February, 2014 Southside Fringe HQ Grand Opening
Saturday 15th February, 2014 starts 3 p.m.
Join us at our new Fringe HQ for some live entertainment, drinks and nibbles. Find out more about our plans ...
- The Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival, Glasgow 3rd and 4th May, 2014 THE ELECTRIC FROG & PRESSURE RIVERSIDE FESTIVAL ANNOUNCE SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN DANCE MUSIC FOR THEIR TWO DAY FESTIVAL THIS MAY BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Two of the leading event ...
- Visual Artist Phil Collins Reaches out to Communities in Glasgow for Queen’s Park Film Project The Common Guild
Part of Queen’s Park Film Festival 2014 Renowned award-winning artist Phil Collins will unveil his latest film project commissioned by The Common Guild in Glasgow’s Queen’s Park this July ...
- GSFF: Franco-German Film Evening, CCA 13th February
Glasgow Short Film FestivalEurope in FocusFranco-German Film Evening
Thu 13 February 2014
7pm, £5, CinemaAges 15+Book online / 0141 332 6535
European filmmaking has always drawn inspiration from the differences as well as ...
- Frack Watch Meeting 16th February, GMAC Trongate, Glasgow
Sunday February 16, 2pm – 4pm
GMAC, 103 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HD
Speakers • Music • Chat • Plans
Falkirk Against Unconventional Gas, fighting plans to put health and water at risk in ...
- Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k 2014 Race for Life 5k
4th May 2014
Glasgow Green, Greendyke Street, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G40 1AT
Adult entry (16+ women-only) – £14.99; Child entry (6-15 girls and boys under 13) – £10; Under ...
- Calling All Glasgow Singers! Your chance to be on TV. If you can ‘Moonwalk like Michael Jackson’ or ‘Belt it like Beyonce’ then get down to Silverburn Shopping Centre on Thursday 6th Feb for your chance to be on TV!
- SPANGLED CABARET 6TH BIRTHDAY!, February 7th Ladies & Gentleman………….SPANGLED CABARET IS 6 YEARS OLD!
Friday, February 7, 2014 – 7:30pm
The Flying Duck
The eclectic, alternative and often chaotic monthly variety night celebrates in style with a stellar line ...
- Young Scotland: A Debate On Independence, The Arches, Glasgow
Sunday Herald and The Arches presents
Young Scotland: A Debate On Independence
Sat 8 Feb 2014 | 2pm (1 hour 30 mins) | Free but ticketed
Yes, no or irrelevant: what do young ...
- Exhibition: Model Rail Scotland, SECC, 21st – 23rd February, 2014 Model Rail Scotland 2014 is the biggest model railway show held in Scotland and is a must for every model railway enthusiast. Model Rail Scotland is a great ...
- Clutha – A Celebration, Barrowland – All day event 15th February, 2014 Clutha – A Celebration
Barrowland, Saturday 15th February. 2 p.m. start.
In contribution to the effort which has seen funds raised for Clutha families and survivors, the all day event is a ...
- Concert: MusicLab and Red Note: One in the Chamber, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 13th February MusicLab and Red Note: One in the Chamber
Thursday 13th February 2014 – 7.30pm
AGOS Studio, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Renfrew Street, Glasgow
Red Note combines forces with the Royal Conservatoire’s MusicLab for ...
- Spoken Word Events in Glasgow Listings Courtesy of Stephen Watt
Last Monday At Rio Cafe Rio, Hyndland Street, Partick – held on the final Monday each month (c/o Robin Cairns) Seeds Of Thought ...
- Gig: The Grand Gestures, CCA, 9th February
The Grand Gestures +Man Without Machines
Sun 9 February 2014
8pm, £7 + £1 booking feeAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
The Grand Gestures make their only live appearance supporting their new ...
- Clutha Vaults Benefit Gig, Classic Grand, Saturday 1st February Clutha Vaults Benefit @ The Classic Grand
Saturday 1st February, 4 .m. – 11 p.m.
An all day extravaganza charity event
Featuring 18 great musical acts, some very special guests, raffles with great ...
- Glasgow University Charity Zip Slide, Saturday 12th April 2014 Would you like to zoom across the River Clyde and raise funds for a good cause? Then you can take part in the fifth University of Glasgow Charity Zip Slide ...
- Red Bull Music Academy, Glasgow Session, The Arches, Monday 27th January, 2014
Monday 27th January 7 p.m. – 3 a.m.
JackmasterT Williams Nightwave
SHOWCASE – Free Entry from 23.00
Jackmaster T.Williams Nightwave Petrichor
RSVP for guest list for Lecture / Workshop sessions starting at 19.30 – RBMASessionsInvite@uk.redbull.com
To highlight the ...
- Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney to be celebrated at Celtic Connections International Burns Night, Saturday 25th January Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney to be celebrated at Celtic Connections International Burns Night Celtic Connections 2014 will pay tribute to the late greats Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney at the ...
- Botanics Dental Care, Open Evening 28th January 2014
28th January, 2014
6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Come along to Botanics Dental Care and enjoy:
wine and nibbles
money off vouchers and expert advice.
Botanics Dental Care, 2 Southpark Avenue (corner of ...
- Juno and The Paycock, Sweet for Addicts at Cottiers, March 10,11,12. Part of Glasgow’s St Patricks Festival
Sweet for Addicts present Sean O’Casey’s classic Dublin Play
Juno and the Paycock
March 10/11/12 2014
Tickets £12/£10 from box office at: 0141 357 4000
Cottiers Theatre, Hyndland Street.
- Starchild: Fundraising Auction 1st March Shawlands Academy, Glasgow G41 3TR
Put Saturday March 1st in your diary!
Shawlands Academy at 7.30 p.m.
Tickets £20 – can be purchased on website. http://www.starchildcharity.com/
Starchild’s first anniversary party and celebration of their partnership with Shawlands Academy. ...
- Alternative Burns Night Federation of Writers (Scotland) 22nd January
Alternative Burns Night – Tickets £16:50
Event for Federation of Writers (Scotland) · By Marc R. Sherland Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 7:00pm
Nothing one would expect at a Burns night, held ...
- Burnsiana Wee Literary Festival at St Louis 22nd January
St Louis Bar and Cafe, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Burns Night Special: Martin Stephenson and Scott MacDonald The Roxy 25th January Martin Stephenson and Scott MacDonald
Burns Night Special
Saturday 25th January – 8 p.m.
Support from The Optimystics and Jim Byrne
£10 Book online
The Roxy 171 Great Western Road, G4 9AW
- See more ...
- Alternative Burns Night Cafe Hula 25th Jan Alternative Burns Night in Cafe Hula
Saturday January 25th@ 7pm.
Spoken word with musical collaboration, haggis neeps and tatties and a dram £7
Booking advisable on 01413531660
321 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3PT
- Sunday Work Session Willowbank Community Garden 19th January Glasgow University Willowbank Community Garden
Sunday, January 19, 2014
1:00pm until 3:00pm
Willowbank Crescent, just off Woodlands Road, G3
Our first work session after the winter break! Let’s tidy up the garden and tend ...
- Glasgow Mantra Choir – You are the Music
Glasgow University KC soc & Scotland Kirtan
Thursday 16th January – 7:00pm until 9:30pm
Williams Room, John McIntyre Building, 1st Floor, University of Glasgow, University Ave, G12 8QQ
Special guest: Jayadeva – the ...
16th January – 2nd February, 204
Glasgow’s annual folk, roots and world music festival, Celtic Connections celebrates Celtic music and its connections to cultures across the globe. Between 16th January – 2nd February 2014, 2,100 musicians from around the world will descend on Glasgow and bring the city to life for 18 days of concerts, ceilidhs, talks, art exhibitions, workshops, and free events.
Featuring over 300 events across multiple genres of music.
The festival is renowned for its strong spirit of collaboration, bringing together one-off line-ups for very special one night only collaborative shows. The camaraderie between musicians continues into the wee small hours at the late-night Festival Club – home of legendary musical collaborations and spontaneous sessions.
Celtic Connections Programme of Events
Northcote Surgery Fundraisers
Staff at Northcote Surgery, Glasgow West End, are fundraising to purchase a new ECG machine and cardiac defibrillator.
This Autumn staff members, their friends and families took part in the Glasgow to Edinburgh Pedal for Sctoland bike ride on the 8th September. They also participated in the Great Scottish 10K run in Glasgow on the 6th October.
They have also been baking various delights to make money and they are planning futher fundraising events.
If there is money left over after the equipment has been purchased then it will be donated to the British Heart Foundation.
All contributions will be gratefully received. You can donate by calling into the surgery.
2 Victoria Circus,
Glasgow G12 9LD
See more information
There’s little dispute that Scotland’s burgeoning cultural health in the last 20 years, across virtually all art-forms, has been closely tied in firstly with the final devolution campaign, and since then the gathering momentum towards 2014’s independence referendum. With issues of identity, allegiance, nationhood and democracy brought sharply into focus, the arts have been arguably the central and most fruitful arena in which to explore them, while also debating the very nature of culture itself.
How would independence impact on Scotland’s cultural evolution? Without the last few centuries’ central rallying-point for resistance and self-definition, would we be artistically richer or poorer? To discuss these questions, with reference to other countries’ experience, an international panel of musicians and cultural commentators includes Lesley Riddoch, author of Blossom: What Scotland Needs To Flourish; Icelandic singer-songwriter Benni Hemm Hemm; Québébcois musical godfather Yves Lambert; and some other weel-kent faces from the music scene.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
International Robert Burns Conference
25 January 2014, 9 a.m.
Centre for Robert Burns Studies Conference
The 2014 conference is based on the theme of ‘Homecoming’, and offers a diverse range of papers. An array of high profile speakers will look at Robert Burns and eighteenthcentury Gaelic poetry, Burns and James Hogg, the Burns forger, ‘Antique Smith’ and Burns and the Commonwealth. Jerry Brannigan will deliver the annual ‘Burns Scotland’ lecture on the possibility of a newly discovered Nasmyth portrait. To mark the next phase of the new Oxford University Press edition of Burns, Murray Pittock (University of Glasgow) will reveal some of the recent work undertaken on the Scots Musical Museum. There will also be a chance to see the Mitchell’s recent acquisition of the ‘Nanie’ song-manuscript. The annual Burns conference is not to be missed!
Gerry Carruthers (University of Glasgow)
Ronnie Black (University of Edinburgh)
Alex Deans (University of Glasgow)
Richard Finlay (University of Strathclyde)
Katherine Campbell & Emily Lyle
(University of Edinburgh)
Ticket prices: half day £15, full day £25, full day plus concert ticket £45
Mitchell Library 201 North Street, Glasgow, G3 7DN
Alternative Burns Night – Tickets £16:50
Event for Federation of Writers (Scotland) · By Marc R. Sherland
Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 7:00pm
Nothing one would expect at a Burns night, held in a pub, the order out of order, a buffet not a sit down meal and entertainment from the rich talent drawn together by the Federation of Writers. If you are expecting a traditional Burns Night, this isn’t it.
The event grew out of the idea that Rabbie would probably not recognise the traditional Burns Night that has grown up in his name , but would prefer a home grown event with poetry and song in a fun setting. So that is what we aim to provide, with some Burns poetry, some from our own members and even an open mic opportunity for the brave and the sauncy amang us.
Tickets are £16:50 because not only are we are providing a full menu but also we are continuing to raise funds towards the Federation Education Fund.
Committee Room No9
18 John Street, G1 1HP
GLASGOW FILM FESTIVAL 2014
The tenth annual festival will run from 20 February – 2 March.
Glasgow Film Festival returns in 2014, with Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2–12 February, Glasgow Short Film Festival 13–16 February, followed by the main Festival 20 February–2 March. A packed 2014 programme includes pop-up cinema and special events in unique Glasgow venues ensuring that the Festival presence is felt in every corner of the city. From cutting edge experimentation in Crossing The Line to the outer limits of horror in FrightFest, the Festival embraces cinema without prejudice or boundaries to create an event that has something for everyone at affordable prices that will be appreciated by all. We are 10 this year! Join us in Glasgow and help us celebrate
Short Film Festival
Youth Film Festival
Hina Matsuri Japanese Festival
Kibble Palace, Botanic Gardens
1st March, 2014 – 1:00pm – 3:30pm
Take part in this celebration of Japanese culture at the 13th Hina Matsuri. Japanese Experience corners from 1:00pm with kimono, origami,
Japanese calligraphy and Japanese sweets. Then performances from 2:30pm,
including Taiko (Japanese drumming), will be performed by local children and adults.
Supported by the Japan Society of the UK.
Kibble Palace Glasgow Botanic Gardens 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Aye Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival
4-12 April 2014.
Aye Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival will be returning to the iconic Mitchell Library from 4-12 April 2014. This will be the 9th Aye Write! that Glasgow has seen, bringing an exciting variety of writers and speakers to the city as well as an inspiring creative writing workshops and a great programme of community events. Aye Write! 2014 also has a special Commonwealth focus as part of the Culture 2014 celebrations for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
The programme will be announced early in 2014 when tickets will be available to buy.
Wee Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival for Children and Young People
In 2014, for the first time ever, Glasgow will play host to Wee Write!, a new book festival for children and young people. The festival takes place from 5-11 March 2014, and is expected to see audiences of around 12,000 attending over 100 events. It is the first children’s book festival in Scotland.
Every Saturday and Sunday 11a.m. – 5 p.m.
Until 22nd December
Sloans Lane, Glasgow City Centre G2 8BG (Between Buchanan St and Argyle St)
Everything from handmade jewellery to stained glass, cupcakes to candles, soap to scarves, designer clothing to speciality prints, and lots, lots more can be found in Sloans Lane from 11am to 5pm every weekend.
Sophie’s Childrens Shoes
Jude’s Jewels Handmade Designer Jewellery
Crafty Me – Handmade Cards
Fiona Fleming Handmade Silver Jewellery Plectra Picks
For information, please contact Jordan Clark, Market Organiser, on 07983 392488.
Mansfield Park (corner of Dumbarton Road & Hyndland Street) Partick, which operates on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. 10am to 2pm.
Mansfield Pk, Partick
Be it grown, bred, caught, pickled, brewed or baked, its fresh!
The Hidden Lane – ‘First Fridays’ Open Studios
On the first Friday of every month there will be a unique chance to spend time viewing the works made by the designers and crafters and meeting the people who work down the Lane. This includes Shona Fidgett Jeweller, whose collections are in demand by quality jewellers throughout the UK and in her home town of Glasgow.
The lane is home to many small businesses and a group of artisans are opening their doors for the first Friday of every month, to let people come along and see them at work.
Visitors can also buy or commission work.
Under the Kitchen Sink
Hidden Lane Twitter
Shona Jewellery blogspot
The Hidden Lane, 1103 Argyle Street Glasgow, Glasgow City G3
Glasgow Crafters Co-op
Glasgow Crafters Co-op are a small group of artists and makers who decided to work together to create the kind of events we always wanted to sell at. There are so many events of various natures around these days. Among those are some truly lovely well organised ones which we are all lucky to be part of. What WE hope to achieve with our Co-op are events and opportunities created from the viewpoint and experience of the maker behind the stall. We all have a vested interest in this. We all put our heart and soul into the things we make. We want to work with each other and use the unique skills and hopes that we all have. We want to create that image we all have in our ‘selling head’. Bright space, bustling customers, co-operative venue, individual stalls each with different products and happy stallholders with coffee/tea in one hand and an order book in the other.
facebook glasgow crafters co-op
Hillhead Library, Byres Road, G12
to the home of the Byres Road Makers Market – Glasgow’s new monthly boutique craft & design event.
Our monthly markets take place in Hillhead Library on Byres Road on the last Saturday of every month (from February – November).
At each market, you will find an eclectic mix of handmade crafts and original designs brought to you by talented artists, crafters and designers from all over Scotland. You simply won’t find these unique designs on the high street!
Wonderful handcrafted jewellery by Judith Kenny
Glasgow Crafters Co-op
Forty stalls of talent, skill and handmade brilliance
Crafters include: Mismatch Designs, Caroline Campbell Artist, Nicolaceramic, Matt McKenna Photography, The Melt Pool, Crafty Soap, Crafty Kate’s Kollection, All Things Nice Food, Mgcraftsglasgow and Pete Gillies Glass & Art… how’s that for starters!
Vintage and Craft Fair
Vespbar, Drury Lane
Craft Fair Botanic Gardens
First Sunday every month
A Craft Fair with high quality items from Woodturnings by Isaac Curran to designer glass, hand made jewellery, Kendal crystals a huge selection of natural crystals, , Unique hand made greeting cards, hand crafted pottery plus others.
Fundraiser for Marie Curie – all profit from table money goes to Glasgow Hospice.
14th - 31st March, 2013
Jimmy Carr, Daniel Sloss, Craig Hill, Harry Hill, Jenny Eclair, Ardal O'Hanlon, Chris Addison and many more funny folk at venues throughout Glasgow.
What's On at GICF
4th - 6th April, 2013
Various Glasgow Venues
Counterflows marries the local to the international with artists from around the world collaborating with homegrown talent in spaces across Glasgow and London's Cafe Oto, and working within all genres of music.
Festival Pass £35
Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festiva
12 April - 20 April 2013
Mitchell Library, Glasgow
Glasgow's Book Festival returns for its eighth festival of books and talks from Scottish and international authors.
It includes a dedicated Schools Programme. 11th - 15th March, 2013.
Mitchell Library 201 North Street, Glasgow, G3 7DN
More books and talks in Glasgow
Glasgow Film Festival
Glasgow University Charity Zip Slide
Saturday 23 March 2013
Would you like to zoom across the River Clyde and raise funds for a good cause? Then you can take part in the fourth University of Glasgow Charity Zip Slide and raise funds for the Beatson Pebble Appeal, the Paul O'Gorman Leukaemia Research Fund Centre or the Brain Tumour Research Fund - all University fundraising appeals.
No experience is necessary for the Zip Slide as full instruction will be given on the day by ALPS Outdoor. Entry fee is £40.00. Anyone can take part who is over 16 years of age.
For an entry pack or to find out how to register online please contact Susanne Hill or 0141 330 2132. Spaces are limited for the Zip Slide, so get in touch soon.
Ecomunky Pop Up Sale
Sunday, April 28, 2013
12:00pm until 5:30pm
Eco chic shopping event...
A great afternoon of shopping which doesn't cost the earth!
Eco friendly, vintage, antique, retro, upcycled & recycled and handmade good unique stuff to eat, to wear, to share.
30 of Scotland's finest indie sellers all under one roof.
£1 entry donated to the Sunday Mail Centenary Fund.
Wheelchair & pram access.
Husband, boyfriend & child creche.
Oran Mor - Top of Byres Road, G12 8Q
EFC Festival - Acoustic Stage
Fundraiser for Yorkhill Children's Foundation
4th and 5th May, 2013
The Clutha Vaults
Acts appearing over the week-end include:
- Jim Byrne
- Dougie Greig
- Cassy Lochart
- Morag Angus
- Average Andy
- Jamie Angus
- Aaron Mclaren
more to be confirmed plus comedy acts
in conjunction with Southside Sessions Glasgow.
The Clutha Beer Garden, Stockwell Street, Glasgow
EFC Festival 2013 in Aid of Yorkhill Children's Foundation
May 4 - 5:00pm until 3:00am
The second night of the EFC Festival 2013.
An awesome line up of bands headlined by Glasgow Rockers Logan. The full line up for the show includes Whit Snake (Scotland's ultimate Whitesnake tribute band), Still Lizzy (Thin Lizzy Trbute band), Gallus (The UK's Only Gun Tribute band), ROADWAY, Aeriel View, and highly acclaimed Already Gone. The night will finish with Glasgow's on Rock DJ's from The Dollhouse Rock Club bringing you a great mix of past to present rock classics and more.
Direct from Events for Charities website box office ( No Booking Fee ) Events for Charities Booking
or Ticket Scotland, Argyle Street.
Ivory Blacks, 56 Oswald Street, G1 4PL
The Power of Self Talk
Inner Space Glasgow Meditation Centre
18th May, 2013 2 p.m.
Give yourself a good talking-to at this workshop all about the right way to talk to yourself. Who needs friends, anyway?
Inner Space Glasgow Meditation Centre 277 High Street, Glasgow, G4 0QS
Margins Book and Music Festival
Various Venues Glasgow
17th October - 19th October 2013
Back again for year three, this hip young festival spreads its wings a new city for Margins Aberdeen. Set over two weekends, confirmed acts so far include Robert Newman, FOUND, Alasdair Gray, Christopher Brookmyre, Janice Galloway and more for six days of music, books and debate.
Glasgow Crafters Co-op
Glasgow Crafters Co-op are a small group of artists and makers who decided to work together to create the kind of events we always wanted to sell at. There are so many events of various natures around these days. Among those are some truly lovely well organised ones which we are all lucky to be part of. What WE hope to achieve with our Co-op are events and opportunities created from the viewpoint and experience of the maker behind the stall. We all have a vested interest in this. We all put our heart and soul into the things we make. We want to work with each other and use the unique skills and hopes that we all have. We want to create that image we all have in our 'selling head'. Bright space, bustling customers, co-operative venue, individual stalls each with different products and happy stallholders with coffee/tea in one hand and an order book in the other.
facebook glasgow crafters co-op
Hillhead Library, Byres Road, G12
to the home of the Byres Road Makers Market - Glasgow's new monthly boutique craft & design event.
Our monthly markets take place in Hillhead Library on Byres Road on the last Saturday of every month (from February - November).
At each market, you will find an eclectic mix of handmade crafts and original designs brought to you by talented artists, crafters and designers from all over Scotland. You simply won't find these unique designs on the high street!
Wonderful handcrafted jewellery by Judith Kenny
Glasgow Crafters Co-op
Forty stalls of talent, skill and handmade brilliance
Crafters include: Mismatch Designs, Caroline Campbell Artist, Nicolaceramic, Matt McKenna Photography, The Melt Pool, Crafty Soap, Crafty Kate's Kollection, All Things Nice Food, Mgcraftsglasgow and Pete Gillies Glass & Art... how's that for starters!
Vintage and Craft Fair
Vespbar, Drury Lane
Craft Fair Botanic Gardens
First Sunday every month
A Craft Fair with high quality items from Woodturnings by Isaac Curran to designer glass, hand made jewellery, Kendal crystals a huge selection of natural crystals, , Unique hand made greeting cards, hand crafted pottery plus others.
Fundraiser for Marie Curie - all profit from table money goes to Glasgow Hospice.
Comments are now closed on this page