Glasgow, Unesco City of Music, is unsurpassed for its abundance of concerts, gigs and festivals. Music of every type on offer throughout the city every night of the week. From major international stars to talented local musicians, Glasgow is heaving with music and you’re bound to find a gig that you will love including Blues, Jazz, Americana, Folk, Traditional Scottish Music and Pop.
Latest gigs and music events
- Tijuana Bibles 16 August, The Record Factory
Saturday 16 August, 2014The Record FactoryWe are happy to announce that we will be taking part in the Glasgow leg of Magners Cider, Original Sessions!We play The Record Factory, ...
- 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!! 15 July at 7:00pm The Project Cafe 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!!
15 July at 7:00pm – 10:00pm The Project CafeRemember that 10p-mix-thrill as a wean? An ice pole in hand as you compared and swapped the sweeties ...
- Linda Jaxon Band, St Louis, Partick 19 July
St Louis, Cafe Bar 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Sarah Jarosz,OranMor, 22nd July, 2014 Sarah Jarosz
OranMor, top of Byres Road. G12
£15 Book online
Multi-instrumentalist, Grammy nominated Sarah Jarosz will be coming to the UK & Ireland this month in support of her exceptional 2013 ...
- The Oscar Cordoba B, 1 August, Avant Garde An evening of Jazz / Rock /Fusion with ska from the support
OSCAR CORDOBA BAND + support from Partick MonkeysFri 1st Aug 2014 7pm to midnightAvant Garde, 33-34 King Street, Glasgow ...
- Tchai Ovna, Jazz Night, Thursday 10th July, 2014 Tchai Ovna Jazz Night
Thursday 10th July
Free – all donations to performers.
Glasgow’s fabulous tea house 42Otago Lane, G12
- Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration, Glasgow 18 July Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration
Glasgow – 18 July, 2014
The Lord Provost of Glasgow will announce the winning artist who will create a bust of Nelson Mandela for the City Chambers, ...
- The Broken Ravens King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Friday, August 22 The Broken Ravens
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut
Friday, August 22 at 8:30pm
The Broken Ravens, The Dead Raven , Ripley and The Iqons
Tickets £6.50Tickets Availablethebrokenravens.bigcartel.com
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent ...
- South Side Music School, Glasgow South Side Music School, Glasgow
- Scunner 10th Birthday Gig/Subtraction Jack Album Launch
Friday, August 17:00pm – 12:00amSteampunk CafeScunner celebrate 10 years of wonky pop, electric music hall, feather dusters, cat organs, coconut shys, Kat Kafes and Babirusas with a special ...
- Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop Saturday 5th July, 2014 Hillhead Baptist Church Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop
Saturday 5th July, 2014
Hillhead Baptist Church
CONCERT – 6.30pm Glasgow’s acclaimed folk-world harmony group present unaccompanied songs from traditions around the globe, including ...
- Vagabond Social Club,The Roxy, Friday, July 11 Vagabond Social Club with Jamie Flett, The Chinaskis and Traquir
The Roxy Friday, July 11
The multi-talented Jamie Flett will be launching his new single, ‘Easy Go’. “Sometimes experimental, mercurial ...
- Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014 Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014
- Manta, 3rd July, King Tuts support Traquair
King Tuts, 272a St Vincent Street, G2
Manta with Please + Heavy Smoke + Stewart Traquair
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
MANTA fronted by the rock god Dan Tonner, guitar by Bryan ...
- The Face On The Moon Gigs
- Southside Sessions Sweeneys on the Park, 3 July Hosted by Crawford Smith
More information on Facebook
- Owen Pallett Friday 18 July 2014 CCA
PCL Presents:Owen Pallett
Fri 18 July 2014
7pm, £12.50 + £1 booking fee, TheatreAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Canadian composer, violinist, keyboardist, and vocalist Owen Pallett released his fourth album (and ...
- The Sugarhill Gang, 19 July, King Tuts
The Sugarhill Gang
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 20
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
The Sugarhill Gang: Legends. Hip-hop’s first superstars. Hip-hop’s recording pioneers. Hip-hop’s first touring group. As time moves on, ...
- Bob Hunt, King Tuts, 6 July 2014 Bob Wayne
Doors | 20:30
Price £ 7.00
Homesick Aldo + The True Gents
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
After a long hard run, down the roads across this land. Bob Wayne gathered up some ...
- Echo Valley, King Tut’s 14th August Echo Valley will be returning to King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut for our their very own headline show on Thursday the 14th of August, 2014
£8 Buy online:
King Tut’s Wah Wah ...
- Archie Fisher, Partick Folk Club, 27 June, 2014
(Photograph: Stephanie Tristam)
Partick Folk Club
Friday 27 June 2014
Partick Folk Club meets on the last Friday of every month. Music played includes traditional, folk, acoustic, americana and blues.
Host is ...
- The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August
- This City 2, Contemporary Art Competition Launch, 16 July This City 2, Contemporary Art Competition Launch, 16 July
- Pete MacLeod and Howlin’ Radio, The Roxy Friday 27th June Pete MacLeod and Howlin' Radio, The Roxy Friday 27th June
- Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender
Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June
Wednesday 25th June – Doors 7.30pm – On Stage 8pm(In association with Glasgow Jazz Festival)
Geno Washington and the ...
- Ivory Blacks, Sat June 28, 2014 The Face of The Moon plus support Ivory Blacks
Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 7:30pm
The Face On The MoonCloud of StarlingsSonic DispaceThank The Boy
Doors open 7.30pm. Tickets £5 on the door stating the band’s name.
Ivory Blacks56 Oswald Street, ...
- West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand Sunday 29th June West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand
Sunday 29th June, 2014
See: Competition for Local Bands
Glasgow’s favourite and biggest cultural event, the West End Festival, has announced a closing event to ...
- Not Proven, St Louis Cafe, Thornwood, Sunday 29 June, 2014 Not Proven, St Louis Cafe, Thornwood, Sunday 29 June, 2014
- The Groove Directive – Band Launch Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick, The Groove Directive – Band Launch
Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm
The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick, Dumbarton Road, G60 (under Erskine Bridge) Free
This will be the band’s launch gig and ...
- The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014, 25 – 29 June The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014
Merchant Square, Glasgow Merchant City G1 1LE
From 25 – 29 June in the basement of Merchant Square, Glasgow. The Rio Club at Glasgow ...
Sunny Govan Radio
Sunny Govan Community Radio 103.5FM – Broadcasting over Greater Glasgow sunnygovanradio.com
Sunny Govan radio is a community station which means that local people
can say something about where they live. It gives an airing to views from local community groups and helps get their message across. The station is run and managed by volunteers although some precarious funding has been gained allowing some paid staff to be employed.
Glasgow Gig Guide.