Glasgow, Unesco City of Music, is unsurpassed for its abundance of concerts, gigs and festivals. Music of every type on offer throughout the city every night of the week. From major international stars to talented local musicians, Glasgow is heaving with music and you’re bound to find a gig that you will love including Blues, Jazz, Americana, Folk, Traditional Scottish Music and Pop.
Latest gigs and music events
- Jazz Day, Glasgow Green, 31st July, 2014 Glasgow Jazz Festival presents Jazz Day31st July, 2014Jazz Day! Thursday 31st July from early till late – a day filled with the very best jazz from Scotland’s finest jazz stars ...
- E.P. Launch, Finding Light, The Face on the Moon, 16 August E.P. Launch, Finding Light, The Face on the Moon, 16 August
- IF 2014 Saturday 2nd August, 2014 IF 2014
Saturday 2nd August, 20147:00pm – 11:30pm Southside Studios Tickets Available informalfuckabout.brownpapertickets.comWell, you asked for it, and we are only too happy to oblige…The IF is back this summer, ...
- Merchant City Festival at Blackfriars Saturday 2nd August Merchant City Festival at Blackfriars
Saturday 2nd August, 2014 at 3:00pm – 7:30pm
The Primevals – Los Tentakills – Reverse Cowgirls – The Kosher PicklesCalling all freaks, disenfranchised weirdos and filthy muthas!!!Swing ...
- Paul Towndrow’s ‘Pro-Am Suite’ 31st Jul 2014 0 8 p.m. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Paul Towndrow’s ‘Pro-Am Suite’
31st Jul 2014 0 8 p.m.Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Admission Cost £5www.paultowndrow.co.uk/Buy tickets Buy ticketsFeaturing the Ryan Quigley Big Band and the Byres Road Big BandA musical project ...
- Songwriting Competition, Sweeney’s, 6th August Songwriting Competition, Sweeney's, 6th August
- The God of Sugar Monday 28th July, The Empire Cafe The Briggait, Main stage
The Empire Cafe
The God of Sugar
Monday 28th July, 2014
7 – 9 pm
Absent Voices is a group of Scottish artists who have come together to explore and preserve ...
- ALGO_RHYTHM The Mono Big Welcome Thu 24th July
The Mono Big Welcome Thu 24th July – 7.30pm – 1am
Mono Cafe Bar A collaboration between artists and designers that explores the history and development of electronic music ...
- Merchant City Festival: Gillbride MacMillan, 27th July, 2014 Gillebride MacMillan
Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space
Gillebride MacMillan sings songs from ‘Air Fòrladh / On Leave’ is Gillebrìde’s second CD.
Gillebrìde MacMillan is from the Milton in South Uist. He comes ...
- Merchant City Festival, Big Mono Welcome 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014
8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Mono, Kings Court, City CentreAge restrictions – All ages
The Big Mono WelcomeA programme of free music, art, food and family events designed to ...
- Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet) Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space 26th July, 2014 Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet)
Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space26th July, 2014 3 p.m.Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet) – perform extracts from Struileag – Children ...
- Merchant City Festival, Blackfriars Stage, 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014 12 p.m. – 22 p.m.All agesThe Blackfriars Stage returns with a line up including the Raybandos and Itchy Coo Park!The Blackfriars Stage returns for another festival of ...
- Evening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String Quartet Merchant City Festival
24 July, 2014 – 6 p.m.Merchant SquareAll agesEvening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String QuartetEvery weekday Merchant sq will host a lunchtime and evening live music ...
- Merchant City Festival, Brunswick Stage, 23 July – 3rd August, 2014 GET ON IT!
Cause we have got THIS kicking off Wednesday, 23rd July, running right through until August the 3rd.Brunswick Street Stage brings you The Electric Frog / Sub Club / ...
- The Oscar Cordoba B, 1 August, Avant Garde An evening of Jazz / Rock /Fusion with ska from the support
OSCAR CORDOBA BAND + support from Partick MonkeysFri 1st Aug 2014 7pm to midnightAvant Garde, 33-34 King Street, Glasgow ...
- Scunner 10th Birthday Gig/Subtraction Jack Album Launch
Friday, August 1
7:00pm – 12:00am
Scunner celebrate 10 years of wonky pop, electric music hall, feather dusters, cat organs, coconut shys, Kat Kafes and Babirusas with a special ...
- The Broken Ravens King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Friday, August 22 The Broken Ravens
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut
Friday, August 22 at 8:30pm
The Broken Ravens, The Dead Raven , Ripley and The Iqons
Tickets £6.50Tickets Availablethebrokenravens.bigcartel.com
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent ...
- Echo Valley, King Tut’s 14th August Echo Valley will be returning to King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut for our their very own headline show on Thursday the 14th of August, 2014
£8 Buy online:
King Tut’s Wah Wah ...
- Tijuana Bibles 16 August, The Record Factory
Saturday 16 August, 2014The Record FactoryWe are happy to announce that we will be taking part in the Glasgow leg of Magners Cider, Original Sessions!We play The Record Factory, ...
- 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!! 15 July at 7:00pm The Project Cafe 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!!
15 July at 7:00pm – 10:00pm The Project CafeRemember that 10p-mix-thrill as a wean? An ice pole in hand as you compared and swapped the sweeties ...
- Linda Jaxon Band, St Louis, Partick 19 July
St Louis, Cafe Bar 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Sarah Jarosz,OranMor, 22nd July, 2014 Sarah Jarosz
OranMor, top of Byres Road. G12
£15 Book online
Multi-instrumentalist, Grammy nominated Sarah Jarosz will be coming to the UK & Ireland this month in support of her exceptional 2013 ...
- Tchai Ovna, Jazz Night, Thursday 10th July, 2014 Tchai Ovna Jazz Night
Thursday 10th July
Free – all donations to performers.
Glasgow’s fabulous tea house 42Otago Lane, G12
- Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration, Glasgow 18 July Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration
Glasgow – 18 July, 2014
The Lord Provost of Glasgow will announce the winning artist who will create a bust of Nelson Mandela for the City Chambers, ...
- South Side Music School, Glasgow South Side Music School, Glasgow
- Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop Saturday 5th July, 2014 Hillhead Baptist Church Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop
Saturday 5th July, 2014
Hillhead Baptist Church
CONCERT – 6.30pm Glasgow’s acclaimed folk-world harmony group present unaccompanied songs from traditions around the globe, including ...
- Vagabond Social Club,The Roxy, Friday, July 11 Vagabond Social Club with Jamie Flett, The Chinaskis and Traquir
The Roxy Friday, July 11
The multi-talented Jamie Flett will be launching his new single, ‘Easy Go’. “Sometimes experimental, mercurial ...
- Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014 Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014
- Manta, 3rd July, King Tuts support Traquair
King Tuts, 272a St Vincent Street, G2
Manta with Please + Heavy Smoke + Stewart Traquair
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
MANTA fronted by the rock god Dan Tonner, guitar by Bryan ...
- The Face On The Moon Gigs
Sunny Govan Radio
Sunny Govan Community Radio 103.5FM – Broadcasting over Greater Glasgow sunnygovanradio.com
Sunny Govan radio is a community station which means that local people
can say something about where they live. It gives an airing to views from local community groups and helps get their message across. The station is run and managed by volunteers although some precarious funding has been gained allowing some paid staff to be employed.
Glasgow Gig Guide.